Health Insurance in Michigan
Learn more about Michigan’s health insurance
Living in the state of Michigan definitely has its perks. Being the 11th largest state in the U.S. and known for its car manufacturing, farming, timber, and fishing industries, it is another plus to know that Michigan is also looked at as one of the healthiest states to live in. The residents of Michigan are generally in really good standings in terms of well-being. According to the 2010 America’s Health Rankings® by the United Health Foundation, Michigan was rated as the 30th overall, healthiest state.
- Over the last year, the government has raised its immunization coverage and early prenatal care for pregnant women in their first trimester
- Smoking has decreased 19.6% since 1990
- The rate of infectious disease has fallen to 9.5 cases/100,000 members since 1995
- Michigan has a low rate of occupational fatalities
With so many positive factors, health-wise of living in Michigan, it doesn’t mean that one should disregard owning medical insurance. Along with having such great benefits for residing in a state that boasts impressive living conditions, there are always other factors that occur that would be important to consider.
- Relatively high rates in both prevalence of obesity and deaths due to cardiovascular disease
- Level of public funding is low, at only $53 per person
- Rise in poverty for children over the past 10 years, from 14.1 to 20.7% for those under the age of 18
These reasons alone should cause concern for current residents if not medically covered. Having the right health insurance plan is vital when it comes to unexpected health issues or even just to help you feel at ease and secure with the unknown. Since the majority of deaths in Michigan are caused by both obesity and cardiovascular disease, funding for these possible illnesses is definitely costly, and that alone is why owning health insurance (if you don’t have it already) is crucial to living a better life.
Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in Michigan
1. BCBS of Michigan
2. Blue Care Network of Michigan
3. Health Alliance Plan of MI
4. Priority Health
5. Molina Healthcare of MI
6. Great Lakes Health Plan
7. Health Plan of MI Inc.
8. Humana Insurance Company
9. Delta Dental Plan of Michigan Inc.
10. Healthplus of Michigan Inc.
Now that you are aware of the popular Michigan health insurance companies, it is time to get more information and details on each company to see what they have to offer. Coverage plans are important because every person’s requests on health issues vary. Also, identifying what kind of discounts you can qualify for will help save you more money on your monthly premiums.
To start acquiring health insurance quotes, simply enter your zip code below to get estimations on what coverage options you may want. It is incredibly easy utilizing the internet for matters dealing with insurance because in a matter of minutes, you can see which provider offers the best medical plans. Don’t get blindsided for what you may believe are good living conditions, because the only way to prevent yourself (or your dependents) from dealing with any health problems is to be fully protected and medically covered.